Friday, September 24, 2010

Potty Training: Day 1

After my last post about potty training, I was 100% positive we would be out of diapers by now. Unfortunately, life happened, and I wasn't able to get three consecutive days to work with him until now.

We started Wednesday night. I was prepared for what would happen, but it didn't make it easy for me to climb out of bed to change sheets when he woke up at 3 and had an accident. (Thank goodness for Morgan) I woke up Thursday with a more positive attitude. After all, it can't be that hard right? Wrong...

I have done a ton of research on potty training, and decided to combine my two favorite methods. Which basically means I've got a naked 18 month old running around my house, and set a timer for 20 minutes. Every time it goes off I put him on the potty and attempt to encourage him to 'tinkle.'

Day one wasn't horrible... just not what I expected. I'd sum it up to 50/50. He made it to the potty half of the time, and the other half I ended up scrubbing our carpet with resolve. Not having any diapers in the house is really keeping me motivated. I definitely would have given in by now. Especially since we're working on getting this place cleaned up so we can get our deposit back.

So far day two is going well. I'll have to post about it tomorrow.

No comments: