Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Challenge: Diaper Free in 30 Days

Many of you know I've attempted this is the past with little success. I'm sure the giant pile of diapers we kept in the living room, along with the string of nasty comments from friends and family didn't help with motivation. In 30 days we will be living in my in-laws basement that is being finished right now. Which means brand new carpet that I do NOT want Dax to pee on.

As of this morning we said bye bye to all the diapers in the house, and hello big boy potty!



I've done a lot of research over the last few months and this is what I've learned: Children are typically ready between 15 to 27 months. If they can walk well, they can hold it. More than 50 percent of the world's children are toilet trained by the time they turn 1, according to Contemporary Pediatrics magazine. Before 1950, most children in the United States were toilet trained by 18 months--but then the disposable diaper was invented.

So, now I'm prepared to give a mouth full to the next person that tells me I'm pushy or too hard on my son.

Most method's are the same. Put aside 3 days from your schedule to devote to nothing but potty training and go for it. I'm going to try this one:Method 1

We started this morning, so the end of each day I'll post our progress. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Wow you go mommy. I think you're doing a fabulous job with my little newphew. Love you both so much.