Tuesday, August 9, 2011

We're both exhausted, but it was worth it!

Today was $2 Tuesday at Thanksgiving Point. We loaded up early this morning, and headed down. I was expecting to hit all three attractions, but man, Dax wore himself, and me, out pretty quick!

We were 5th in line to the Dino museum, which meant we basically hit all the main attractions before it got packed. So we headed back in for a round 2. Dax LOVED the bones. (I maybe even lost him for a second... But in my defense, I was trying to keep up with him, and had a mini heart attack when I couldn't find him. I'm sure I lost 5 years off of my life!) These aren't my best pictures, but after that little scare, I wasn't interested in good photo's, as much as I was at keeping a close eye on him.








Next we headed over to the Animal farm. UGH. If Morgan would let me get a baby cow, I so would. Those things are adorable! And SOOO friendly. Dax went in to pet it's head, and got an unexpected 'kiss'. The brown cow in one of the pictures licked him from chin to forehead! It was so cute, and I'm sure so dirty, but he is a boy after all, right?


In case you were wondering, Dax wieghs about as much as a baby lamb!



The next picture was right before the 'kiss.' You can see the cow making googly eye's at dax.


Dax thought it was funny that this pony was playing dead... In reality, it looked like it was trying to itch it's back, but Dax couldn't stop laughing!



...ducks...


On the way out of the farm, I picked him up a fudge pop. It was kind of hot, so I figured he needed something to help cool him down.


Unfortunately, by the time we made it to the garden entrance, he had had enough. He threw a monster fit, which lead me to believe it was time to get some food in this kids belly. So we headed home! Next time we'll start with the gardens, and work our way back!

1 comment:

clvillanueva15@cox.net said...

What a great day, and your pictures are soooo cute. Love the baby cows... I just melt when I see their eyes. Reminds me of when I was a kid growing up around all of the dairy farms. Good times. Thanks for sharing.